Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 7, thingy 16

Wow-- I learned a lot via the various resources, including what 'wiki' means in Hawaiian, that the first wiki was in 1995, and that there are lots of places you can house your wiki. When deciding on the best place, you should consider RSS-- a week ago I wouldn't have known what that meant! The resources listed in the resources are 2005 and older, so there's probably much more recent material out there.
I can see using wikis for lots of things including conventions. But I wonder if the level of knowledge and comfort with them is broad enough, or if some people still would go to the traditional web page information rather than participating in a wiki.
The SJCPL subject guides are nice-- guess the librarians all participate in making recommendations and the wiki is used by the public and by the librarians. If I were a libarian there, I would add a hobby section on gardening!
Library Success has a subject on Project Planning, but nothing on statistics except 'Demonstrating Impact, Value, and ROI.' Not much there, and it hasn't been updated since December 2006.

No comments: