Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 8, thingy 19

Feeling like the horse headed toward the barn now....
It was great to see the list of the winners, including many of the sites we have visited. The one I chose to look at was the winner in 'Events.' It's a yahoo site called Upcoming. The first page lists popular places, with the most popular listed in the largest font (like aquabrowser). United States was the largest. Finding my way to a search for what's going on in Baltimore wasn't totally easy. Once I found the 72 events listed for Baltimore, I could see how this could be useful-- once more people and organizations start to use it to list their events. The Md. Zoo and Parks and People Foundation, and the Orioles, among others, have their events listed. So I will check back in a few months to see how robust the listings are. Once you find an event at a venue you like, you can click on that venue to find all others there. But I was ticked when I clicked on yahoo!maps to get a map of the location and couldn't 'back' button back to the event listings.

No comments: